Keywords: mathematics, mathematical-physics, quantum mechanics, Anderson localization, women in STEM, random operators, graphic narrative, quasicrystals, visualization, graphic recording, sketchnotes, illustrations, comics, historietas, bandes dessinnées, medieval illumination, books, converse Chuck Taylor.
Mini course on Random Schrödinger Operators at the forthcoming Summer Graduate School Periodic and Ergodic Spectral Problems, Montreal, June 19-30 2023.
Research visit at P. Catholic University at Santiago de Chile to work with Prof. Amal Taarabt. January 3-27, 2023.
Starting September 2022 I’m Associate Professor at CY Cergy Paris University!
September 2022. I recently appeared in an article by Sophia Merow in the Notices of the AMS, on my career path doing maths and illustrations.
The Project ANR JCJC RAW has been extended until March 2023.
2nd RAW Graduate School (Face-to-face) on disordered quantum systems. 22-24 June 2022. In Institute of Advanced Studies of CY Cergy Paris Universite, Campus Neuville.
Conference New directions in disordered systems (face-to-face) in honor of Abel Klein. 27 June – 1 July 2022 . Institute of Advanced Studies of CY Cergy Paris Universite, Campus Neuville.
Workshop Learning from Insulators: new trends in the study of conductivity of metals. Lorentz Center, The Netherlands, 9-13 August 2021.
Website ANR JCJC RAW.
September 2020: My research project Random operators Arising in the study of random Walks (RAW) has been funded by the ANR JCJC call (Agence Nationale de la Recherche)! Congrats to my team, Hakim Boumaza (Paris 13) and Xiaolin Zeng (Strasbourg), and everyone selected!
- ECOS/CONICYT project funded for cooperaton between France and Chile. I’m honored to be a team member of this project lead by A. Joye (Grenoble) and O. Bourget (Santiago).
- June 2021: Proposal funded!! Prof. Olivier Bourget (PUC Santiago, Chile) will visit for a month at the Institute of Advanced Studies Cergy, within the framework Fellows in Residence.
- August 2021: Workshop at Lorentz Center, The Netherlands. Our proposal for funding has been accepted!! Organizers: Giuseppe de Nittis (Santiago, Chile), Max Lein (Sendai, Japan), Marcello Seri (Groningen, NL) and yours truly.
- December 13, 2022: Talk at CY Advanced Studies, Neuville.
- November 11-12 2022: Talk at Workshop on Reinforced Random Processes and Statistical Mechanics, TU Munich.
- October 26 2022 : Talk at ANR Quamprocs meeting, Bordeaux.
- April 2022: Talk at Workshop Almost-Periodic Spectral Problems, BIRS Banff (remotely)
- December 10 2021: Talk – FundaPromat, Panama (remotely)
- November 25, 2021: Talk – U. Paris Orsay
- November 16, 2021: Talk in parallel session- Conference Science and You, Metz
- September 10, 2021: Talk Cibercoloquio latinoamericano de matematicas (online)
- September 9, 2021: Short Talk, Imaginary and Matrix conference
- May 2021: Talk – One World Seminar on Mathematical Physics (IAMP) (remotely)
- May 2021: Talk – Online joint Seminar CIMAT – Universidad Autonoma de Aguascalientes, Mexico (remotely).
- May 2021: Talk – MESS seminar, Essex University, UK (remotely).
- April 2021: Talk – TAMU Mathematical Physics Seminar, Texas A&M (remotely).
- April 2021: Talk – Online seminar Mathematics department, University of Pisa (remotely).
- March 2021: Talk – Seminar Centre de Physique Theorique de Marseille (CPT) (remotely)
- March 2021: Talk – Rencontre GDR DynQua, Dijon (remotely).
- March 2021: Talk – Seminario de probabilidad hispanohablante (remotely).
- February 2021: Talk – U. Sorbonne Paris Nord
- January 2021: Talk – Group of Analysis, FernUniversitaet Hagen, Germany (remotely).
- January 2021: Panel member- Panel discussion on gender and stereotypes in science communication. Orgaanized by EU-funded project Our Space our Future (remotely).
- January 2021: Talk – Primer congreso Chileno de divulgacion en matematicas, Chile (remotely)
- Postponed due to COVID-19. December 2020: Talk – Groupe d’ Analyse Numérique et EDP, Orsay, France.
- November 2020: Talk – Mathematics Colloquium at University of Arizona, USA (remotely).
- November 2020: Talk – Mathematics Colloquium at P. Universidad Catolica de Chile (PUC) (remotely).
- September 2020: Talk – Minisymposium of the DMV annual meeting (remotely).
- Great Lakes Mathematical Physics Meeting GLaMP 2020: invited talk. Postponed to 2021 due to COVID-19.
- Postponed to 2022 due to COVID-19. June 29-July 3, 2020: Conference “New directions in disordered systems” in honor of Abel Klein, will take place at the Institute of Advanced Studies in Neuville Campus (close to Cergy-Pontoise).
- Postponed to 2021 due to COVID-19. May 2020: the Research in Paris (R.I.P.) projet submitted together with Martin Geber (UC Davis) has been accepted! Martin and I will be collaborating and spending a month in 2020 at the Institut Henri Poincare, in Paris.
- Postponed due to COVID-19. March 2020: Visit to Prof. Marcello Seri, University of Groningen, NL
- Feb 3-4, 2020: Workshop on NCG and topological insulators, Leiden, NL
- Dec 2019: one-week research visit to Prof. Katarzyna Pietruska-Paluba, at the University of Warsaw, Poland.